Patient Comfort is our number one priority. Personalized care from our team of friendly and highly-trained professionals can be surprisingly comfortable in our pristine state-of-the-art office. Our new patients find themselves quickly at ease with the gentle dental care they receive from our talented staff.
We combine high-tech dental techniques with patient-centered features such as nitrous oxide and topical anesthetic.
You simply glide into our restful lounge chair, slip on our stereo headphones, while listening to your music selections and relax.
Our office features an appealing environment. From the moment you enter our office you’ll realize you’re in the right place. From the subtle color tones, lighting levels, and artistic decor to the spacious rooms and hallways you’ll love our welcoming and relaxing environment.
Nitrous oxide which is often referred to as laughing gas is a very effective remedy for anxiety. Our patients feel calm and peaceful within minutes and can immediately relax and enjoy listening to the music of their choice.
Some people may have had negative experiences related to dental visits in their pasts. These people relax within minutes of using nitrous oxide and in comfort they can get the care that they sometimes have put off for years. Nitrous oxide is also very effective in helping people with uncomfortable gag reflexes. It is not only effective but very safe. After an appointment a patient can safely drive themselves home or back to work without the after-effects that most anti-anxiety medications have.
Dental Emergency occurs every day — from mouth and tooth injuries to painful abscessed teeth. Are you aware of what needs to be done if you or your child had a tooth knocked out or broke a tooth? Knowledge of what to do for dental emergencies can lessen pain and even save a tooth that could otherwise be lost.
- For a toothache, the mouth can be rinsed with warm water to clean it out. Dental floss can be used to gently remove bits of food or other debris that might be caught between the teeth.
- Do not place any painkiller or aspirin on or near the gums near the aching tooth. The gum tissue could be burned.
- If the toothache continues and persists for a period of time, come see us.
- Do not count on painkillers — which may relieve pain temporarily. With persistent pain, we should evaluate your tooth or mouth condition.
- Find the tooth.
- If the tooth is dirty, hold crown of the tooth and rinse its root in water.
- Do not scrub the tooth.
- Do not remove any tissue fragments that remain attached to the tooth.
- If possible, gently insert the tooth into its socket and hold it in that position.
- Call us immediately to come in for an emergency / same day appointment. If it is not possible to visit the office quickly then place the tooth in a cup of milk. Bring the tooth in milk when you come to the office.
- Time is critical for successful tooth re-implantation.
- Use warm water to rinse your mouth and clean the area.
- Call our office # (858) 292-6051, to schedule an appointment so we can check the broken tooth as soon as possible.
Objects caught between the teeth (such as popcorn):
- Using dental floss, try to remove the object gently.
- If object cannot be removed with plain floss, tie a knot in the floss and drag it gently between the teeth. This approach is often quite successful.
- Do not ever use a sharp instrument to attempt to remove any object stuck between your teeth.
- If the object cannot be dislodged with floss, call our office # (858) 292-6051 for an appointment.
Out of town guests are welcomed at Dr. Paul C. Davis’ office.
Dr. Davis treats patients from around the world who love spending time in the San Diego area and returning home from vacations with sparkling new smiles. We have patients from faras far away as Tokyo, to Texas, Florida and the North West.
If you’re seeking dental procedures for self-improvement or simply oral health, a vacation in San Diego, one of the worlds most beautiful and relaxing locations, allows you to slow down enough and take the time for the dental care you need.
Whether you desire quality cosmetic dental work to refresh your appearance or you’ve been putting off a cleaning that you need, Dr. Davis’ staff of friendly professionals is more than happy to help. We invite you to come relax in the California sun with our soothing summer breezes and ocean waves — then return home looking refreshed and renewed with your amazing new smile!
We want to thank all of our patients for your support over the years. Your referral to a friend, family member or co-worker is one of the greatest compliments we can receive. Some of our best patients come from our wonderful existing patients, so if you are happy with us, we encourage you to tell all of your friends, family and co-workers about our office. We welcome them to become part of our practice. As a way to say thank you, we will automatically enroll you in our Patient Referral Reward Program.
What is our Patient Referral Reward Program?
We all know that word of mouth is the most effective form of advertising. Casual conversation with people you know can have a huge impact on their decision regarding who they entrust their family’s oral health care. You can be sure they will receive the same quality care you’ve received in our office. Your first hand experience and recommendation will have a direct impact on someone else’s decision regarding those same services, and our ability to provide them.
What are the benefits?
The program will allow you to help your friends and family make well informed decisions about their care, while allowing you to benefit from making those referrals.
Please choose one of the following:
- Movie Package (2 tickets & concession gift card)
- $25.00 Gift Card
- $50.00 Credit on Account
- Complimentary Teeth Whitening Gel Refill Package
The rules are very simple. If you are an existing patient of record, you are eligible. Have we met your husband and kids? Remember we see patients from age 3 to 100+ (employees and their immediate family are not eligible). This program begins May 1, 2015.
A referral is an individual that is not currently a patient of record. To be eligible to collect your gift, the referral patient must be qualified, which means they must come in to our office and have an exam, x-rays, and a teeth cleaning completed.